ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unable to run aerender command over ssh using system.callSystem script

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Paterson
Unable to run aerender command over ssh using system.callSystem script
on Nov 13, 2019 at 10:27:41 pm
Last Edited By Mark Paterson on Nov 13, 2019 at 10:29:15 pm

I've wrote a script that sends my current active project to aerender directly from a Script UI button. It works fine on my local machine like this…

myPanel.grp.group8.getPath.onClick = function() {

if(app.project.file !== null){
var path = app.project.file.fsName;
$.writeln(path);
}

var renderCommand = "/Applications/Adobe\\ After\\ Effects\\ 2020/aerender -project " + path;
system.callSystem(renderCommand);

}

However I would like the render to take place on a different machine which has access to the same files. The following Terminal command (from my machine) works and the image sequence gets rendered ok…

ssh server@192.168.50.4 /Applications/Adobe\\ After\\ Effects\\ 2020/aerender -project /Volumes/Work/Jobs/test.aep

The problem is, if I try to add ssh into the AE script like this, it does not work…

myPanel.grp.group8.getPath.onClick = function() {

if(app.project.file !== null){
var path = app.project.file.fsName;
$.writeln(path);
}

var renderCommand = "ssh server@192.168.50.4 /Applications/Adobe\\ After\\ Effects\\ 2020/aerender -project " + path;

}

What am I doing wrong? What is the correct syntax to do this?

Return to posts index

Mark Paterson
Re: Unable to run aerender command over ssh using system.callSystem script
on Nov 22, 2019 at 8:43:51 pm

The following command works. Turns out I needed to backslash the quotes in a couple of places…

var renderCommand = "ssh server@192.168.50.4 \"/Applications/Adobe\\ After\\ Effects\\ 2020/aerender -project \"" + path;

However, the issue now is that AE pinwheels until the aerender is complete on the other machine haha. The same happens when I remove ssh from the command and aerender locally. I guess I need to find a way to let it run in the background or just send the command then return focus to AE?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]