ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Script or expression to globally control individual layers in a mosaic animation to create fireworks-like effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel penner
Script or expression to globally control individual layers in a mosaic animation to create fireworks-like effect?
on Nov 12, 2019 at 6:24:32 pm

Hi. I am working on an animation comprised of a bunch of leaves. They come on, decay, and then disappear. I am trying to animate them like fireworks - so having them come on screen in a stuttering, gradual manner that increases until they're all on screen. Right now each comes on gradually and then stays on, but I am hoping to do it so that a leaf could come on for a split second, disappear, and then come on again and stay on for the main decaying animation.

I would also like for there to be a bit of subtle flicker with the leaves when they're on screen - happening with the leaves individually at different times. Finally I'd like the process of their disappearance to be done in a way similar to how they appeared - in a flickering manner like fireworks as the intensity fades.

I've animated what you see here manually. Are there any scripts, plug-ins or expressions that could help control the types of animations I'm describing in a more global fashion - as in, doing the detail work of fade-ins and fade-outs automatically so that I wouldn't have to animate each layer individually to create the gestalt effect? Hopefully in the end it looks more organic and dynamic than what I have now, which looks a bit stilted. Here's what I have now:

Thanks a lot! I'll include helpers in the credits for my film, Wrought. Let me know if you need any clarifications as to what I mean, or an .aep file to experiment with. ☺

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Script or expression to globally control individual layers in a mosaic animation to create fireworks-like effect?
on Nov 13, 2019 at 2:34:00 pm

Should the leaves come on-screen randomly, or do you intend for them to show some kind of pattern?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

joel penner
Re: Script or expression to globally control individual layers in a mosaic animation to create fireworks-like effect?
on Nov 13, 2019 at 5:26:42 pm

I'm thinking that they will come on randomly as they do in the video, but just in a more lively and dynamic way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]