ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Smoke Curl Feedback Please (opacity 100%)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
Smoke Curl Feedback Please (opacity 100%)
on Oct 18, 2019 at 3:03:14 pm

So I've been tinkering with this, been all over the internet and taken it as far as I know how to go. To me, it still doesn't feel like A PART of this world. My previous feedback was that they couldn't see anything so I put the opacity back to 100%, figured work backwards from there.

thank you all for your time.

JR

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Smoke Curl Feedback Please (opacity 100%)
on Oct 18, 2019 at 6:16:32 pm

You could've replied to the other post instead of making a new thread. Now I see it. This is just my feelings on it but it could be bit more thicker and maybe it's a bit sharp. Maybe add some blur?

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
on Oct 19, 2019 at 2:37:38 pm

Really nice. I remember your earlier thread. My first reaction? I had to watch it twice to notice anything out of place. On first watch, everything (smoke included) felt like it was part of scene, so well done.

Possibly you could blur it a little, like Tero suggests, but I think you’ve got it.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Oct 22, 2019 at 12:00:18 am

couple of things:
First ,did you track the camera movement? It might be that the smoke is not "moving with" the camera. (I can see some keyframed motion there so that might be it)
Second, when she lets the gun fall there would be air current eddies which would disturb the smoke and probably pull on the bottom and curl it.
Third, there is a blue light from above (glinting off the barrel) that would add to the color of the smoke and the smoke would get brighter as it gets closer to this light.
Fourth, is the smoke included in the rack focus or at the same focus level as the barrel tip?
FInally, it might need more motion blur on the smoke, that adds its own motion to the camera move motion.

All of these things our eye knows intrinsically but doesn't always know what's wrong when they aren't there. But really, that's picking at nits. Given that you used particle playground instead of Particular or something more exotic, that's pretty darned good.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:41:40 pm

i cant see anything

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:48:28 pm

Hey Richard,
Its pretty subtle. If you monitor gamma is a little low it might not even show

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]