ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Making background track with video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Worden
Making background track with video
on Oct 17, 2019 at 12:23:55 am

I've replaced a blown out sky in a shot by making it transparent using a luma key and placing a stock image of a sky on the next layer down. Then I did a camera track of the video which gave me a bunch of tracking points. I want to tie the sky image to those tracking points so that the sky zooms and pans along with the video. Is that possible? If so, what's my next step? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Zach

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Making background track with video
on Oct 17, 2019 at 3:22:50 am

If there is a perspective shift in the shot, then you may need to do a full 3d card or corner pin, but if it's just tracking/shaking you may be able to get away with a simple transform

How big is the sky layer? Is it larger than the keyed plate so you have room to manoeuver?

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | Mocha - Boris FX (Imagineer Systems)

Return to posts index

Zach Worden
on Oct 29, 2019 at 4:00:55 pm

The shot is tripod mounted but zooms in and out and reframes. Yes, the sky layer is larger.

Zach

Return to posts index

Keegan Denery
on Oct 19, 2019 at 4:04:51 pm

I'm no expert, and I'm sure theres a way to do it, but my initial reaction is that the method you're trying may not work because the sky is SO far away from any of your available track points. Now, if your sky wasn't completely blown out and there were some clouds to track I think youd have a better bet.
If this is wrong someone please correct me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]