ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Playback speed problem (PC)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clifford Li
Playback speed problem (PC)
on Oct 10, 2019 at 6:23:39 pm

Recently, I am working on a project which is needed to import many footage and template. And I realize that, if my project panel have too many stuffs, the playback speed will not in real-time (even though the green bar fully filled).

But when I open the same project on my mac book pro, everything work fine...I am not sure that is because of window 10? after effects? or the other unexpected software problem...

So, I just wanna ask dose anyone have the same problem? and how you fix it?

Btw, my pc spec:
CPU - i7-7820X 3.6GHz
RAM - 128GB DDR4 (16GB x8)
GPU - Asus strix 1080ti OC x2
Harddisk - SSD 960 EVO M.2 1TB

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Playback speed problem (PC)
on Oct 13, 2019 at 12:54:46 am

When you say playback in real time do you mean once its cached? Have you checked the memory allocation in the preferences? What video card are you using and is Open GL turned on or off? How about Mercury transit? How many monitors? Whats the stage size and frame rate you are trying to hit?

Return to posts index

Clifford Li
on Oct 15, 2019 at 4:30:20 am

Pixel Aspect: 3840 x 1024
Playback Speed: 25 fps
Video Card: GTX 1080 ti
Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
Open GL turned Off(Final Quality)
2 monitors
Everthing cached

The only way that I found to help is reduce the project...Means that if I put too many files inside project window will slow it down.

But it played fine on Macbook pro (Lower spec) even thought I haven't reduce the project.

sigh...

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Oct 15, 2019 at 6:37:44 am

For Nvidia there's a few utilities that might help.
There's a profile inspector which lets you tweak the settings to an incredible degree. Often its a refresh rate difference between the monitors and the GFX card. There's a also an inspector Utility which can help diagnose issues.
It could literally be anything in the profile settings. I've got a GTX 970 that has never really worked right on PC (with AE) no matter what we try in the inspector, but I have another we finally got tuned properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]