ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking in After effects using Mocha. (Optical flares)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Loz
Tracking in After effects using Mocha. (Optical flares)
on Sep 18, 2019 at 5:18:23 pm

Ok, excuse the noob question, I am new to both AE and mocha and I am also hopeless at explaining stuff.

So, I have a flare I want to track to a specific point on an opening clip I have, I am using the optical flares plugin on a black layer set to transparent, I then created a null, copied the track data to that and parented it to the flare layer.

All is good and the flare tracks in 3d space, BUT how do I reposition the flare as it is tracked to the tracking data in mocha and is not exactly where I want it to be. I guess what im saying is how do I change the track centre without having to track the EXACT point I want the flare to be?

Made a right mess trying to explain that, but hope someone gets me. 😂

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Tracking in After effects using Mocha. (Optical flares)
on Sep 19, 2019 at 2:28:02 am

Hi Laurence. I think what you need to do is copy the tracking data to the flare's XY Position. Don't put it on the layer as it will likely show the edges of the layer and will cut off the flare. Does that do what you want?

Return to posts index

Laurence Loz
on Sep 19, 2019 at 9:43:40 am
Last Edited By Laurence Loz on Sep 19, 2019 at 10:36:32 am

Let me try an explain again...

Return to posts index

Laurence Loz
on Sep 19, 2019 at 10:44:44 am

I have tracked the flare successfully, but my question is how can move the flare around in real-time so I can position it perfectly within the footage because right now its tracked the centre point defined in mocha?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]