ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

sSingle corner pin track

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stig Olsen
sSingle corner pin track
on Sep 3, 2019 at 8:12:39 am

Hi,

I need to do a screen replacement on a pad where I can only see two of the corners. The planar tracker isn't working very well. Is it possible to track only one of the corner pin verticies? Then that one at least sits where it should be, and then I can place the last three manually? And is it possible to lock the length of the line between the verticies of the corner pins? So that if I move around one of them, the distance to the next will stay the same?

Best,
Stig

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: sSingle corner pin track
on Sep 3, 2019 at 12:28:44 pm

Somehow the quote function is not working...

But anyway, you said: "And is it possible to lock the length of the line between the verticies of the corner pins? So that if I move around one of them, the distance to the next will stay the same?"

That's basically tracking motion, apply to a null and link something to it. You could link the whole cornered pin layer to this null, without applying the track to any of the pins.

You should get a better track overall if you can track the side you can actually see and translate that to the device's screen. this way you can assert better the rotations of the device

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]