ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Twixtor 100% Speed Interpolation at Scene Cuts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Stannard
Twixtor 100% Speed Interpolation at Scene Cuts
on Sep 2, 2019 at 12:38:02 am

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been having an issue with After Effects that I think has a simple solution that I'm just not seeing. Currently, I'm trying to interpolate a 29.97fps video to 59.94fps. To do this, I've applied Twixtor to the video at 100% speed to generate alternating frames to smoothly bring it up to 59.94fps. From previous experience, I know that if I were to interpolate a video that contained multiple camera cuts (which I'll just here on in call "scene cuts" for clarity), I'd generate a weird smear frame between both cuts. I want to avoid this in my workflow.
With that in mind, I've split the footage in my project into individual clips, each containing one camera angle. At every scene cut, the clip ends and the new one begins. I did this splitting in Premiere v13.1.4 and imported the project to After Effects v16.1.2. Each clip appeared as a separate layer, in sequence, with the audio as one continuous layer on the bottom. I then applied Twixtor to each layer individually. After rendering a five-second clip that included a scene cut as a test, the rendered clip still had a smear frame at the scene cut, even though I applied Twixtor to each clip individually. Is this a case of After Effects not rendering each clip as a discrete unit, but applying Twixtor to each clip as if they were a part of the whole video? If so, how do I prevent this? I want clean scene cuts. Thanks everybody for your help!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor 100% Speed Interpolation at Scene Cuts
on Sep 5, 2019 at 2:33:02 am

Did you notice the Scene Cut menu (you have to be in Display Source Mode for it to ungrey) - you just animate it at begining of each cut in your sequence, as long as the value is different from previous one (you can cycle between A, B, and C)

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]