ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Opening AE project is VERY slow and eats up disk space on boot drive

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Mellor
Opening AE project is VERY slow and eats up disk space on boot drive
on Aug 21, 2019 at 7:54:12 pm

I've had a few projects recently where it takes about 5 minutes to open the project file in AE. While I'm waiting, I notice that the available space on my boot drive ticks down down down until the project finally opens and the drive space goes back to normal. Is AE writing some temporary files as it opens my project??

It's worth noting that the projects that take the longest to open contain Photoshop files with many layers. Could it be that there are too many individually imported photoshop layers in my project window? Is it writing versions of these in the background? I find it odd that it's my boot drive, because my source material is on one external and my cache drive is on a separate external.

Any insight into what's going on under the hood when AE opens a project would be super helpful. It's really impacting my renders using Render Garden. As Render Garden launches 8 versions of my project, it takes around 8x the time to start rendering, and uses hundreds of gigs of disk space on my boot drive. At some point I run out of disk space and everything crashes... not great!

-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]