ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Multi-part render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Bentley
Multi-part render
on Jul 19, 2019 at 11:01:18 pm

I have a composition that I would like to render into four separate movies (e.g. one movie each for frames 1–100, 100–200, 200–300, 400–300). I know I can manually adjust the work area and render those out separately, but I'm looking for a faster way because I'll likely need to re-render several times. I'd like to do something like... set four markers and then whenever I choose Add to Render Queue it sends those four sections to the render queue and renders them separately. Is there any easy way to do this?

I'm trying to render four movies for four separate slides in a Keynote presentation. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Multi-part render
on Jul 20, 2019 at 8:30:18 am

Hey Peter,

if you are familiar with CLI commands, you could prepare a batch script which renders out regions with aerender automatically.

If CLI is out of question, then you will still need a script (Extendscript based) to do this semi-automatically.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
on Jul 20, 2019 at 3:12:08 pm

Hi Tomas, thanks for your help! I'm not too terribly afraid of CLI commands, so maybe I'll do some digging and figure out how to do this with aerender.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jul 21, 2019 at 10:13:20 am

Peter, nice to see a brave man not running away from CLI, haha! Few questions:

1. Will your 'ranges' of frames will vary from project to project, or will remain in the same junks?
2. Here you can see how to trigger command in aerender. The only thing to deal with is passing proper 'frame numbers' to render command. If it is going to be constant - thats easy. If might vary - then extendscript will be needed to read those numbers (from markers, or other reference elements, like pre-comp layers lenghts) and pass to render command accordingly.

Cheers!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
on Jul 22, 2019 at 6:13:39 am

Hi,
Did you try RenderGarden ? https://www.mekajiki.com/rendergarden/
but you might not be able to select yourself the different spans of timeline you want to render separately
Anyway, it looks like something that should be automated by a CEP Panel !

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 22, 2019 at 3:24:18 pm

[Peter Bentley] "I'm trying to render four movies for four separate slides in a Keynote presentation. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!"

Christopher Green offers a script called "Queue_Comp_Sections" that we use almost daily to manage multiple render segments from a single comp:
http://www.crgreen.com/aescripts/

Stay classy and click his Donate button if you find his scripts helpful!

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
on Jul 22, 2019 at 8:23:10 pm

That looks really sweet; thanks for the tip Walter! For the time being I think I'm going to split my animation into separate presentations and see how well that works for my purposes.

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
on Jul 22, 2019 at 8:24:38 pm

Aack. I mean separate compositions.

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
on Jul 25, 2019 at 10:05:18 pm

Eh, I actually ended up getting and using this script which is working out great. Thanks for the pointers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]