ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Working on a project while exporting in Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Davis
Working on a project while exporting in Encoder
on Jul 9, 2019 at 2:35:27 pm

This is one of those holes in my self-taught knowledge that I probably would have learned with a more formal education in After Effects.

I know that using Media Encoder to export my After Effects Projects will allow me to continue working in AFX while the export is happening. My question is: can I alter the composition that I'm exporting while that export is happening in Media Encoder? Or will it cause issues?

What I THINK, is that After Effects shares where the project is at with Media Encoder and then Encoder doesn't care what After Effects is doing any more. So I COULD alter the composition after sending it to Encoder to export.

I assume that even if I were wrong about it, that the export would fail and no harm no foul. But I also have memories older software and still have nightmares about corrupted files etc... So I'm a bit phobic about trying it on a real project. :)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Working on a project while exporting in Encoder
on Jul 9, 2019 at 4:53:47 pm

[Matt Davis] "What I THINK, is that After Effects shares where the project is at with Media Encoder and then Encoder doesn't care what After Effects is doing any more. So I COULD alter the composition after sending it to Encoder to export. "

That's exactly right. Ae creates a temporary copy of your AEP, and that's what AME references for its encode. You can continue work in your project and it will have no effect on any renders-in-progress that you had previously sent to AME.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Matt Davis
Re: Working on a project while exporting in Encoder
on Jul 10, 2019 at 6:06:49 pm

Awesome. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved