ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

.obj file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robby Monk
.obj file
on Jun 28, 2019 at 2:27:35 am

I have a handful of images of 1 building that I need made into an .obj file. Anyone know of a service that can do this for me? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
Re: .obj file
on Jun 28, 2019 at 12:43:47 pm

Depending on the photos you will get mixed results but it is sounding like you want to 3D scan your images? if so then I would suggest Meshroom. Link for download below:
https://alicevision.github.io/#meshroom

It is usually used for Smaller Objects but I found that it tends to do pretty well with relatively flat surfaces of walls and doors and such, so it should work as long as your pictures are good. Shiny windows or really bright or dark areas may mess it up but that would be true of any 3D scanning app. The nice thing is that it makes a really high density mesh and attaches the texture from a composite of your images that it puts together itself, so you get a really nice high quality texture from it to and don't have to project your texture.

Here s a video from a presentation where the presenter shows how he makes an almost painting looking image using C4d and Meshroom. Near the end of the video he shows the meshroom process.

Doyle Lewis,
Assistant Location Manager
Warner Brother Pictures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]