ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My render's look low quality!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david jones
My render's look low quality!
on Jun 6, 2019 at 12:44:06 pm

Hi, I'm still new to C4D and After Effects so I'm sorry if my query seem silly. I'm making a video for a friend and they potentially want to upload it to itunes and YouTube. They gave me specifications for the video which were:

File Format: Quicktime
Codec: Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ)
Bitrate: -220 mb/s
Framerate: 24fps
Colorspace: YUV 422

I've rendered out the 1920x1080 PNG 16-bit 24 fps files from C4D into After Effects (2015) but I'm having real trouble trying to render it out of After Effects with the best quality because so far it hasn't been looking good. I understand how to change the codec and format but have no understanding of the bitrate and I'm worried that's causing issues. I can't seem to change it in After Effects and am not sure what a -220 mb/s specification means. I've read the best bitrate for a 1080p is 8 mbps, is that correct? Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Garrett Appleton
Re: My render's look low quality!
on Jun 6, 2019 at 6:33:43 pm

If you are OK with longer render times I would try switching to Constant bitrate around 45 to 60. I like 25 for most projects. Another trick you might try is symlinking the .C4D project file in after effects. This way you are only compressing the composition once, inside media encoder. As much as I love the prores codec you might want to try .h264 mp4. In most cases It's going to require a lot of trial and error depending on the project. What I like to do when I'm test rendering options is only render out a couple frames of the more complex part. If I like what I see, I save the preset and render the entire project.

File Format: .mp4
Codec: .h264
Bitrate: 45 cb/s
Framerate: 24fps

Hopefully I was able to help. Good luck on the project

Return to posts index

david jones
Re: My render's look low quality!
on Jun 10, 2019 at 8:47:58 am

Thank you Garrett!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>