ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Sphere without.... roundness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert Kowalski
CC Sphere without.... roundness
on Jun 3, 2019 at 8:52:50 am

Hi!

Few months back I made a project using CC Sphere plugin to "fake" 3D world and it turned out well. Since it was a project about space and planets, now I need to make a second part. This time it's harder since I need to animate some asteroids. CC Sphere is great to make nice, round shapes. Asteroids unfortunately have uneven surfaces. Since my graphic designer is not a 3D artist, I am looking for a way to put 2D graphics into 3D objects but make it possible to "uneven" their surfaces. Is there a plugin or a script that can possibly warp a CC Sphered object so that I can shape it to make it look like an asteroid? Ora plugin that will just make a uneven 3D object from a 2D graphic. Thank you in advance ☺

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: CC Sphere without.... roundness
on Jun 3, 2019 at 3:34:06 pm

You should be able to do that with Cinema4D lite which bundles with AE. If not, check out the Video Copilot plugin "Element"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 3, 2019 at 6:55:58 pm

or try making the compotisition 3d and then using a extruded shape or text that looks rocky?

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Jun 3, 2019 at 10:45:12 pm

I think thats gonna be a tough one. I know you can use the CC glass effect to light a surface based on another layer as map. I've gotten good results making surfaces of water look like they have waves with that. You might be able to use that to add "fake" lighting to the surface of your 2D asteroid. It should respond to the lights that are in the scene too so that might help sell the effect. You'll have to tweak the settings a good deal to make it not look like its wrapped in plastic though. I can't think of any cheating way to make an uneven 3d object off the top of my head.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jun 4, 2019 at 4:02:13 pm

Hmm...maybe the Shatter plugin could get you close enough?

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:09:22 pm

I'd probably start with a rough low-poly spheroid shape using Cinema 4D and After Effects integration:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/c4d.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]