ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects and Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heckt
After Effects and Photoshop
on May 21, 2019 at 12:28:02 am

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is common knowledge to a lot of you. I'm by no means an expert yet....new to After Effects and only Intermediate in CC in general.

I recently was given a few logo files, but I didn't have the illustrator files. To animate the logo, I broke them down into separate elements in photoshop by cropping them out and exporting them as individual files. For example, there is a rectangular border around the text in our logo. I cropped the border out and sent it to After effects as an individual file.

We recently decided we would like to change the colors of our logo. I would hate to have to start all over with changes made in photoshop. Is there an easy way I can change the colors of the element in after effects? I know there is a paint option but I haven't found a way to select things in AE as easily as I can in Photoshop. I have Adobe Bridge as well and am wondering if Bridge can tell After Effects about changes made to the original photoshop files. If not, any ideas how to change color of the elements in After Effects? Sorry if this is such a beginners question.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: After Effects and Photoshop
on May 21, 2019 at 2:49:18 am
Last Edited By Joseph W. Bourke on May 21, 2019 at 2:49:42 am

One really easy was is to use a Layer Effect (on each layer) and fill with the color you want. You can always go back and change it, as well as save it off as a .PSD.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on May 21, 2019 at 7:57:35 am

There wasn’t really a need to export each amènent to a separate file, After effecst can read a photoshop file with all of its layers intact as a composition, if you then update your photoshop file, AE can reload the footage and keep up to date.

Possible ways to colorize layers: tint effect (black and white set to the same color) Fill effect, layer styles,...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on May 21, 2019 at 1:38:01 pm

I cant see why you just dont change the original PSD layer in PS and save.
Just dont create new layers or change any layer names.
Other gotchas are dont change the file size in pixels and make too many drastic moves with the layer.
Changing colors is easy as long as its solid and not too stylized (gradients etc...).
Please next time, use Vectors to make logos.
Maybe pay someone to re-create your logos in AI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]