ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Retain Layer Sizes" after inserting the PSD file.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gökhan Şimşek
"Retain Layer Sizes" after inserting the PSD file.
on May 13, 2019 at 2:08:11 pm
Last Edited By Gökhan Şimşek on May 13, 2019 at 3:54:07 pm

Heyyo everyone!

I import a PSD file then i realized when i try to move a layer which some of its parts outside of the canvas.

I made some search and looks like selecting "Retain Layer Sizes" would fix the issue but i already spend a good amount of time on it. Is there a way to revert them back to their original size right now?

Edit.

I actually found a way. I replaced files (there was 4 of them) then reposition them one by one. There isn't a way to do all layers at once i guess?

Return to posts index

Tony Ivonin
Re: "Retain Layer Sizes" after inserting the PSD file.
on May 15, 2019 at 12:41:12 pm

Hello!
AE cuts the edges behind the screen when importing, so only the new import and replace with the Alt button will help you.
But there is one idea that will probably break your animation (if you have already done it). Open the source PSD file in Photoshop and expand the Canvas Size so that the whole image is in the working field and save. Then open AE and it will probably load the layers in the new resolution. (it is better to make a backup copy of the PSD and AE project.)

Return to posts index

Gökhan Şimşek
Re: "Retain Layer Sizes" after inserting the PSD file.
on May 15, 2019 at 7:58:03 pm

Well, i don't need it anymore but hopefully someone else can get help : )

Replacing one by one (by selecting the PSD file in the replace menu, then Choose Layer) didn't break the effects as well : D

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]