Re-creating a video game War Opening Title

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
David Joseph
Re-creating a video game War Opening Title
on May 1, 2019 at 12:29:25 am
Last Edited By David Joseph on May 1, 2019 at 12:38:08 am

Hello CreativeCow,

Recently I've been tasked with creating a war opening title so I found a video game called Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator: Battle for Europe and I was directly inspired by it. So now here come the hard part...how to re-create this opening but also my own flare. I asked an old AE friend of mine and he said get Twitch and Damage plug-ins but I'd like to know if it was possible to-recreate within After Effects using Adobe build-in presets.

Has anyone done this before and if so, what did you use? I've use AE infrequently and I'll try to be more active on it.

Please see video file below for reference:

http://f1.creativecow.net/13312/cfs-battle-for-europe-op'>13312_combatflightsimulator3intro720phd.mov.zip.

- David

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Re-creating a video game War Opening Title
on May 1, 2019 at 5:19:29 am

Haven't used Damage, but Twitch at least is all built-in effects packaged into a single, easy-to-use interface, so recreating it with built-in effects is possible for sure, but it will easily take 50-100 times longer to do it from scratch than with the plugin. Personally I would start with something that gets you close, like one of those plugins, and then add your own flavor with additional effects. You woudn't get that exact look with Twitch anyways, but you'd get 70-80% there.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

David Joseph
Re: Re-creating a video game War Opening Title
on May 2, 2019 at 2:03:18 am

Would it be possible to recommend me some Twitch tutorials so I can get up to speed? Thanks!

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]