ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Cylinder Layer Size Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Dodge
CC Cylinder Layer Size Issue
on Apr 22, 2019 at 6:07:36 pm

Hello All,

Long time lurker, couldn't find a similar thread that was solved with a similar issue at hand so I decided to open this question.

I am having an issue with the CC Cylinder effect. I am animating an Ai file with multiple layers, but am finding an issue when I apply the CC effect to the layer (Fig1).

Fig 1

Fig 2

The mock label that I am looking to animate has a layer size that fits to the artwork with no extra padding. When the effect is applied, the layer size prevents the effect from creating the full perspective effect. (Fig 2)

I would appreciate any suggestions that would solve this issue. I am unaware of how to make the layer size larger, if that would solve this issue. I have also already tried an adjustment layer, but this creates another issue with the "body" of the bottle being below the label.

I am running AE 16.0.1 on a Dell PC. Let me know if further PC specs are required.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: CC Cylinder Layer Size Issue
on Apr 22, 2019 at 11:39:36 pm

Just play around with the light in the effect. I think all-ambient light would be a good choice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 23, 2019 at 5:36:20 am

For the cut-off issue, you can precomp the layer (leaving all attributes) and then adjust the precomp dimensions to be larger.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Michael Dodge
on Apr 23, 2019 at 12:28:26 pm

Kalleheikki,

Thank you! That solved the issue! I only had one Ai layer that needed the effect and was apparently unaware that you could precomp a single layer.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]