ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Getting back into AE after about 5 years out. need advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jt Thompson
Getting back into AE after about 5 years out. need advice
on Apr 20, 2019 at 10:39:50 pm

Hello,

It's been a few years since I worked seriously with AE, and I'm getting back into it. I've got a couple questions

The last version I used was in the CC camp but I don't remember the ver. What I do remember is the ability to configure settings for multi processors and tweaking things. Since that whole section is now gone I can only assume it means it's integrated now and adjusts on its own. Is this the case?

Next. Previously it was advised to run your scratch disc on an SSD. Is this still the case? honestly i did this, but didn't much need it. I believe the main function was to have the ability to bring up a project/comp you were previously working with and having your pre-rendered frames instantly accessible. Has this changed?

It seems when i search those two item I keep finding info on the old CS6 ver.

Currently I have two CPUs. Xeon E52687W v2's so 32 total cpu's including the hyper threading. I'm a little low on the ram (it used to be minimum was 2gb RAM per but i'm not sure if that's the same). I have 48gb right now on my way up to 128. But for now I'll be working with 48

As for the majority of my work it's 3d stuff using E3D v2. I have a question here as well. I currently have a 1070ti Hybrid. But I also have a Quadro K4000. I assumed I could run those together and utilize ALL the cuda cores, but on testing this, i had no control over which was used where. There's a huge difference in the Quadro and the 1070 in technology, I don't see anywhere i can designate what works where, and nowhere to configure the cores.

Sorry for the spam, but I don't see nearly the granular controls I remember. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to start looking?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]