ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Having issues with the Anchor Behind Tool for 3D Objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petar Tankosic-Gajic
Having issues with the Anchor Behind Tool for 3D Objects
on Mar 28, 2019 at 3:06:31 am

So I have some basic 3D objects I've made and enabled editing in 3D Mode.

I have the Body layer selected with the Pan Behind Tool, like in the first picture. But when I try to move it, it only moved the middle point and not the other points as well, like in the second picture.

https://imgur.com/a/6njs6gH

I've already successfully moved the anchor points for my other 3D Objects, and those times the entire anchor point moved, not just the one point. The problem is that I don't know what I'm doing differently this time and why I'm having this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Having issues with the Anchor Behind Tool for 3D Objects
on Mar 28, 2019 at 9:38:02 am

If you have position keyframes set, and you want to Pan Behind so that the entire animation is affected equally, you must park the CTI (current time indicator -- the playhead) on one of those position keyframes, then select all of the position keyframes (you can just click on the Position property in the timeline to do this), and then perform your Pan Behind action.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
Re: Having issues with the Anchor Behind Tool for 3D Objects
on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:20:23 am

If I get it right, you have Position property animated for that green rectangle

>it only moved the middle point and not the other points as well, like in the second picture
>I've already successfully moved the anchor points for my other 3D Objects, and those times the entire anchor point moved
These are anchor points of Position property's spatial trajectory. They are the little squares [I assume] you want to move altogether. They a moved using Selection Tool.

Pan Behind tool works with layer'a anchor point which is kinda totally different thing than anchor point of spatial trajectory. It is the aim-like thing which [I assume] you don't need to move, so you don't need Pan Behind tool.

If you want to move the whole trajectory, you should select all it's anchor points and move them simultaneously wherever you want. You can select them by clicking on the Position property.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]