ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

water/coffee reflect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salar Sardary
water/coffee reflect
on Feb 18, 2019 at 4:48:18 pm

Hi, it is a while I am trying to figure out what technique can I use to create a water reflection like the one you may see below. If you could just give me the general guidelines I would really appreciate.

I used Turbulence Displace and Roughen Edges effects and the result is this but to be honest I am not happy at all!

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: water/coffee reflect
on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:43:54 am

Hi, someone had exactly the same question, and got an answer, here:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/10920109#10920109

Return to posts index

Salar Sardary
on Feb 19, 2019 at 9:26:23 am

Hi Greg, many thanks for your response. The person was me and as you may see my result I realised that I have not really got the answer and am not happy with the final result. Hence I thought maybe I could get some extra help to improve on it.
Kind regards

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:18:35 pm

Hiya, I might be wrong but that looks like good old hand drawn animation. I think that would be probably the easiest way to do that effect and make it look nice.

The way you're doing it with the displacement will probably work too. Are you animating a grey scale water drop pattern then using the displacement map effect on a white solid? That should do it, just try to keep your setup simple and keep refining it, I'm sure you'll get there.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 19, 2019 at 7:39:45 pm

You could try making an actual simulation with the Wave World effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]