ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Star animation

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Nicolas Umberto
Star animation
on Feb 5, 2019 at 7:36:07 am

Hello everyone,

I shot a documentary and need an animation of a star exploding. I'm familiar with after effects and keyframes but although I found a few tutorials on youtube I just cannot get the same effect.

I tried glow and directional blurr but it all seems very choppy and trying to animate the scale, changes the whole shape of the effects instead of just gradually making them bigger on screen.

What would be your steps to achieve the effect showed in the video?

Thank you all in advance!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Star animation
on Feb 6, 2019 at 10:45:44 pm

I would probably suggest the shockwave tutorial from video co pilot https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/shockwaves/

Return to posts index

Nicolas Umberto
on Feb 7, 2019 at 11:01:45 pm

Thank you for the suggestion!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 7, 2019 at 9:59:41 pm

There are light burst and blur effects that might do what you want, but you'll have to animate multiple parameters within a couple different effects simultaneously to get that flickering lens flare (or you could just get a lens flare plugin like Optical Flares or Knoll Light Factory).
As to the red, gassy stuff, the shockwave tutorial already suggested would be a good place to start.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Nicolas Umberto
on Feb 7, 2019 at 11:03:21 pm

Thank you as well for the suggestions, I'll give it a go and get back to you guys. Very helpful.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Feb 8, 2019 at 4:36:53 pm

The shockwave tutorial will probably be useful as others have said. Check this one out from video copilot too. Might help to make the firey part if shockwave doesn't give you what you're looking for

Return to posts index

Nicolas Umberto
on Feb 10, 2019 at 8:41:07 pm

Hello, Thanks! I tried the shockwave tutorial. For some reason the hole is to big. Have any suggestions on how to make it look more like a ball rather than a circle? Thank you!

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]