COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marie-Christine Laniel
Trimming a Precomp with Twixtor
on Jan 6, 2019 at 7:48:24 pm
Last Edited By Marie-Christine Laniel on Jan 6, 2019 at 7:51:31 pm

Hi,

Would like some help on this issue if possible ☺

I'm using the plugin twixtor on a precomp. I made a slowmotion on a footage of a girl that is moving and everything was working just fine. However, I realise that, because the clip has a simple cut in the middle, the slow motion creates a weird frame blending at this point. So I wanted to split my precomp, shorten the duplicated precomp so that I don't see this part that I don't want to see, and then put those 2 precomps side by side in time. I thought that it would be really easy, but I realised that when I try to move the duplication in time, it's like I had never make a cut and the time is still linear. So I never get to remove the part that I don't want. I tried to duplicate my precomp in the project panel and change the name, so that they could be unique, but it's doing the same thing (and no, I don't have other precomp inside my precomp).

This is the weird frame blending I was talking about

This is the split I made to the comp, and I had shorten the part that I don't want

And this is when I try to put them side by side, you can see that a little further in the duplication, the wierd frame blending happen again. It's like the cut that I made have never happen.

I tried to explain myself the most clearly as I could, I hope it's going to be enough!! Thanks for all the help you guys can give me.

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trimming a Precomp with Twixtor
on Jan 6, 2019 at 10:22:48 pm

If at all possible, get the complete clip. You will be much, MUCH better off.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 7, 2019 at 8:28:03 am

With Twixtor you handle cuts by marking the cut points. See the last post in this thread for details: https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=69&postid=77605...

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Marie-Christine Laniel
on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:47:27 pm

Thank you so much, you are the best!!! It work perfectly now 😃
I also find this clip on youtube if someone as the same probleme one day and is more a visual learner:

it show's what to do step by step!

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]