ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What's the best way to the camera move and zoom in to 80 images in different positions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Martins
What's the best way to the camera move and zoom in to 80 images in different positions?
on Dec 5, 2018 at 6:04:06 pm

I have 80 images scattered in a 2D scene and I wanted the camera to move and zoom in on each of those pictures every 2 seconds.

What's the best way to do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: What's the best way to the camera move and zoom in to 80 images in different positions?
on Dec 5, 2018 at 6:33:10 pm

Parent all your pictures to a null. Then animate the null's position, rotation and scale to taste.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Arthur Martins
Re: What's the best way to the camera move and zoom in to 80 images in different positions?
on Dec 5, 2018 at 6:37:37 pm

one by one?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:25:51 pm

No, select all the pics -- arranged the way they are -- then take the pick-whip of one and parent it to the null. The rest follow suit. Pretty easy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:26:43 pm
Last Edited By Cassius Marques on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:28:03 pm

You should check out Video Copilot's Sure Target plugin/preset. It may give you some automation and some realistic bounciness/easiness. But it comes with the hassle of setting it up. But maybe copying/pasting your photo's position/rotation to a camera thats parented to a null would be a lot faster.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 5, 2018 at 8:15:21 pm

[Cassius Marques] "You should check out Video Copilot's Sure Target plugin/preset."

I would second Cassius on that.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Dec 5, 2018 at 8:43:44 pm

Make initial keyframes..then parent your camera to 1 image then zero out the anchor point and then just zoom in...set keyframes..then zoom back out and then parent the cameras to the 2nd image,,set key frames...zoom out.and repeat 80 more times

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Dec 5, 2018 at 8:45:11 pm

basically this method does the same thing as sure target

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Dec 6, 2018 at 7:04:42 pm

Does this plugin still work? I LOVED SureTarget, but one of the CC releases broke it, so unless there's been an update...

Return to posts index

Arthur Martins
on Dec 7, 2018 at 5:38:45 pm

Tank you a lot Cassius Marques, you just saved me.
The Video Copilot's Sure Target plugin worked very fine and it was very simple and practical!
Without this plugin, I couldn't finish on time.
The only problem that i had was the rendering time, i think that could be improved if set the pictures that aren't in the scene invisible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]