ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects output file is shorter than the composition by one frame.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arsenty Larionenko
After Effects output file is shorter than the composition by one frame.
on Dec 5, 2018 at 6:58:38 am

Hey everyone)
So, the problem. For example i created composition with duration 15 sec, 25 fps. Then i render it with xvid mpeg 4 codec. And duration of output file is 14:24, no matter which software i use to check it. When i bring this file into AE composition icon the new composition have duration 14:24. And yes, last frame is 14:23. I have no idea people...)

After Effects cc 2015.3 or 2018

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: After Effects output file is shorter than the composition by one frame.
on Dec 5, 2018 at 12:25:17 pm

[Arsenty Larionenko] "i created composition with duration 15 sec, 25 fps. Then i render it with xvid mpeg 4 codec. And duration of output file is 14:24,"

Where are you basing this number off? Because the frames description seems right, if its 15s duration, the last frame should be 14:24, since the first is 00:00.

Now the second part indeed seems odd. Are you sure you have the entirety of the composition's workarea set as you're rendering?

And perhaps try to render with another output codec to take the encoder out of the matter for a test.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Arsenty Larionenko
on Dec 6, 2018 at 1:50:02 am

Cassius Marques, thanks for respond. But i'm sure about composition settings and work area duration. Also i know that first frame is 0 and last frame should be 24 (if 25 fps) or 29 (if 30 fps). Well i'll try to render out as png sequence but it's not solution for me in my pipeline. Again, thank a lot))

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Dec 6, 2018 at 2:41:30 am

Xvid often uses GOP settings. It might be possible you've chosen a number that canot be divided by your settings?

Greets Mark

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Dec 6, 2018 at 4:45:00 pm

Is this your first time using after effects? THis is the norm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]