ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

On screen outline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Matthews
On screen outline
on Dec 3, 2018 at 6:00:53 pm

Greetings,

I am trying to find the easiest quickest way to produce an outline that will pop on screen throughout a 23 minute program. The outline will be left justified within a box and their will be video on the right side. I have attempted one and it works well but take s along time to build/export/import into Media Composer. I know AVID is coming out with a new Title Tool and it might work for what I need come January, but I have programs to produce between now and then.

My questions: is After Effects even a good tool to do this in? Would Photoshop work better? Is there another program out there that would be better suited to create an outline to display on screen?

Here is a early layout design as an example.

Thanks,

Fred

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: On screen outline
on Dec 3, 2018 at 7:49:42 pm

If its animated then use AE.
This is something I deal with daily with my team.
If it's a big project and not for broadcast, I move it to FCPX or Premiere.
Avid is not flexible when it comes to dealing with this kind of workflow.
But if its just static, then Photoshop into Avid will be okay.

Return to posts index

Fred Matthews
Re: On screen outline
on Dec 3, 2018 at 8:00:52 pm

It is just static - pop on/pop off. This is a broadcast element but I HATE Marquee so I'm not doing it there and the AVID title tool is so ancient that it couldn't handle this.

So as you build your outline...are you exporting a .png of each point or one file for each section and then just animate a wipe in AVID to reveal the individual points as they are needed? Is there any sort of template to get me started in Photoshop with an outline? I have to build one every week containing anywhere from 400-800 words.

Thanks,

Fred

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]