ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to manage _AME folders and contents created when using Dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Kay
How to manage _AME folders and contents created when using Dynamic link
on Oct 24, 2018 at 6:28:09 pm

When sending compositions to Media Encoder Queue from After effects (ctrl+alt+m), it creates a *_AME folder at the project file location with a tmpAEtoAMEProject-[compname].aep for each item, which Media Encoder uses for that particular render.

What I need is a better way of managing this aftermath. Either an option to automatically delete these items and folders upon render completion or a way to direct all _AME traffic to one particular location that can regularly be scrubbed. I did not see any option in preferences within AE or AME.

This thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1549168 seemed to indicate the output setting in AME would do this, however for me it only changes the default file location for the rendered video file (which has to be changed manually for each group of renders anyway), and the *_AME folder and items are still created at each project location.

Return to posts index

Olivié Charbonneau
Re: How to manage _AME folders and contents created when using Dynamic link
on Nov 17, 2019 at 12:06:49 pm

After searching by myself and searching on the web, the only thing I found was people like us, stuck with these AME temporary sub-folders...
Of course you can set a fixed destination folder of the rendered files (.mp4 for ex) in AME preferences, but not for these AME temporary sub-folders.
Have a good day and please let me know if you found a solution ;

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Dec 3, 2019 at 4:45:38 pm

Well, I don't know a built in way to do this either. But a while back I was using software to automatically scan a specific directory and move folders that matched certain naming conventions into another drive. Sadly i don't remember what it was called but there are a lot of software options out there that can do that.

I briefly scanned this page and it might offer some help: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-move-or-copy-files-at...

You should be able to set it to scan a project directory searching for AME and then move those files/folders to a separate destination. It's not ideal but might work.

Return to posts index

Olivié Charbonneau
on Dec 3, 2019 at 5:08:55 pm

Hello Max, thanks, yes we could try that I guess but I'm not sure AME would be very happy to have his temporary folder / AE projet moved away while he's doing it's thing...
And we would have to set it up for each new AE projet's folder.
Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]