ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why Does One Object Move Different Than Another With Same Settings?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Dozier
Why Does One Object Move Different Than Another With Same Settings?
on Oct 11, 2018 at 4:39:29 pm

Hi

I have two objects moving in a simple way. They are two squares. They move from one place to another, and also change scale from 0 to 100. The start and end points for this position/scale animation, for each object, are synced.

THEN, after a few seconds, each object does a reverse move, back from the position it ended on in the first move, to it's first position of the composition. From 100 to 0 scale.

The first move works. Second move, one of the objects does a little dosie-doh, a little jerky jerky, before it starts it's move. The other object acts as it should.

I have made sure that the keyframes for each move are set to linear. For each move, the first position is set as Ease-out, and the second position is Ease-in. I have double checked that each animation has the keyframes set the same for each object. Like I said, both objects animate the way they should on the first move, then the second on, which is a reverse of the first one, just one of the objects moves in error before continuing the path it should.

This problem has plagued me in After Effects for a decade, and I've never had someone be able to explain why it actually happens. I guess they think it would go over my head, but if it is indeed not a bug, I would like to know why this is happening with this piece of software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]