ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I make a beer foam with after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitai Lev-Oren
How do I make a beer foam with after effects
on Oct 10, 2018 at 2:39:04 pm

I don't have particular plugin, I tried mercury plugin but I didn't succeed.
someone have an idea?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: How do I make a beer foam with after effects
on Oct 10, 2018 at 3:16:23 pm

If you're trying to make it photo-real, you can't. I imagine a number of things like Trapcode Particular, CC Bubbles, or even CC Particle World could get you something at least cartoony. For photo-realism, though, you need a 3D program.

Return to posts index

Nitai Lev-Oren
on Oct 10, 2018 at 3:27:54 pm

but you can fake it no?
maybe with particular no?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Oct 10, 2018 at 6:53:47 pm

I would never, ever try to do this in AE if I wanted a photo-real result. It's just not practical. Shoot it for real or get a CG artist to do it for you in 3D.

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Oct 11, 2018 at 7:10:12 pm

Particular, yeah, you could get something that looks really neat, but it still won't be photo real. I mean, you could paint a photo real painting in microsoft paint pixel by pixel. People have done it, but I feel like they maybe have wasted their life to prove a point.
If you're looking for stylized, particular would be cool, start with some of the burling smoke looks from explosions. Could look neat. Need the same thing for cheap? You Can accomplish most everything with particle world, but you'll need to be Really patient. It's not at All as fast. Even between versions of Particular you'll notice huge speed jumps.
But if you're after that, I know Video Copilot has at least one video that shows how to accomplish the same types of controls with particle world and scripting. Usually the trouble is controlling the point, and just converting world space to an object.
But remember, that is Slow. Get past a couple thousand particles, and you'll find yourself needing to pre-render layers for compositing.

A before and after shot would also help a bunch. Like, I have this video, or image, and I want it to look something like this video/effect.

You can tell people have different opinions based on their assumptions of what you're after. People who have cameras, will Definitely just tell you to shoot it. I have to hire out my shots, so I'm always on the side of "digitize it," but I would change my tune with a nice rig I think.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 10, 2018 at 4:40:11 pm

I wouldn't even try it. I would figure out how to shoot the real thing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 11, 2018 at 8:47:56 pm

This is my daily hell at my day job.
I try to shoot this as practical as possible.
Pours, foam, glass sweat, etc....
I use Maya and have done some basic volume fill CG but trying to get that actual photo-realistic foam look is way too long of a process for a single person.
It can be done and have had some success but that's in Maya.
After Effects is not built for that kind of work but I am sure someone with a lot of time on their hands can disprove that ;)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 12, 2018 at 3:44:09 pm

There's a Foam effect that's native to AE. If you tweak with it a lot, you can get some really neat effects. It's even got handy things like flow maps that you can use that I haven't found in any other AE particle plugins.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]