ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking or something else?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lígia Lebreiro
Tracking or something else?
on Sep 10, 2018 at 3:50:32 pm

I'm trying to do the opposite of face tracking. I've animated a video of a statue by face tracking an human face video.
Now I want to stabilize it so it doesnt move out of the statue's face...
It's a small experience to a videomapping project I'm develloping.
Can someone give me a cue?
Thanks!!

Lígia

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Tracking or something else?
on Sep 10, 2018 at 5:41:28 pm

If the statue element is moving you will need to track that to get a point you can "glue" to. If the face you want to map onto the statue is moving you may need to stabilize that so that you have a static point to glue to the statue's static point.
The bigger issue is any camera angle change. If the camera is moving around the statue then the shapes will change - sides of noses will be visible at different times, eyes will disappear behind bridge of nose etc. Do you have some sample movies for us to see of both elements?

If its a 3D track you are after (the camera's angle to the statue changes) then you will need to match move the statue footage with a 3D tracker. This is all very doable inside AE but the hard part is generating the matching face element with the same 3D move - not hard at all if the face is a 3D generated face, but much harder if its a real human head that is shot (think: motion control shot)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]