ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Risographic / screen printed effect in after effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Börjesson
Risographic / screen printed effect in after effects.
on Sep 10, 2018 at 10:35:40 am

Hey!

I am animating in 2d in after effects pretty similar to this video: https://vimeo.com/268746699

And I want to have the same look as in that video. The risographic (or screen printed) texture that makes it look like an old childish movie or something.

I have tried to add noise and played with it and it works pretty well, but I would like to have some sort of effect that makes the color float, if you understand what I mean.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers!

/ D

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Risographic / screen printed effect in after effects.
on Sep 10, 2018 at 12:00:00 pm

Well, I just make do with a bunch of textures, instead of you applying the noise, get some slightly grey textures with the noise already in, so its not that uniform as the effect would result. Cycle through them and blend it, its usually overlay, so you'll get that saturated look also.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Dan Börjesson
on Sep 14, 2018 at 9:27:07 pm

That's awesome! Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any suggestions on places to get movable textures, I tried a static one with a wiggle on it but it looked bad.

Cheers

/ D

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 14, 2018 at 10:00:07 pm

I'd use Fractal Noise with expressions to animate evolution/positioning/etc. and posterizeTime on the expressions to make it juddery like the example. ☺

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]