ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator Project has problems when trying to be animated in AE.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Yañez
Illustrator Project has problems when trying to be animated in AE.
on Aug 10, 2018 at 2:29:08 am

Greetings! 😃

I have some problems at the moment of creating shapes from vector layer. The AE project screen fills completely with a color of an object inside the project or the

M letter of the project appears invisible.

Appreciate the help! 😃

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Illustrator Project has problems when trying to be animated in AE.
on Aug 10, 2018 at 7:02:53 am

This could be so many things.
A layer that was turned off so you didn't see it in AI may come into AE and be turned on, especially if its a background that spans the whole comp.

It could be a compound mask or clipping mask not being interpreted correctly thereby showing you the AI mask instead of whats inside the mask.

It could be a counter inside a letter not being "see through" and instead become a solid. So if you had a large "O"' acting like a window, all you might see is a solid the color of the "O" and that might cover everything behind it.

It could be just the way you have layered your AI project, or the version of AI file vs the version of AE file. I find if you bring a newer Ai file into an older AE file, often groups are broken up into their sub components and each of one those becomes a layer (similar to opening a new AI file in a old version of AI.

Without seeing the original illustrator file it's hard to say.

No all that being said, the title of the post is what I responded to above, but if you are copying the paths to shapelayers then it might be something else. Check that paths are closed or open as they were in illustrator. I've seen lots of paths come in closed where they were open in illustrator.

Return to posts index

Leo Yañez
on Aug 10, 2018 at 4:37:28 pm

Thanks For the response! 😃

I Checked the Ai Project and all the layers are fine, there are no disabled layers nor clipping masks.

I opened the project in AE again, and when I just turn one layer from, "create shapes from vector layer, the random color screens happens.

Return to posts index

Leo Yañez
on Aug 11, 2018 at 11:43:57 pm

Greetings again! 😃

I fixed my problem by disabling the first path on the groups section of all my layers. But I don't know how those paths were causing the issue and how they were created in the first place.

Thanks for the help. 😃

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Aug 12, 2018 at 8:50:37 am

It sounds like you've got some fills with clipping paths there. Did you source the Illustrator file from a PDF perhaps? That could create such.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Leo Yañez
on Aug 12, 2018 at 8:41:45 pm

I made the project in Photoshop first. Could that be?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Aug 13, 2018 at 3:55:59 pm

Yes, if you used Photoshop shape layers, you get this result.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]