ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create this specific FX?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Prado
How to create this specific FX?
on Jul 12, 2018 at 5:37:09 am

Hey everyone!

I am trying to replicate this FX from Hearthstone, you can see the FX at 16s in this link from youtube:

I tried Saber and I could get something similar, but it seems that there is a particle FX also inside it, I am not sure, can you give me any direction?

Thanks in Advance!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How to create this specific FX?
on Jul 12, 2018 at 6:57:34 am

Animated fractal noise plus animated turbulent displacement.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on Jul 12, 2018 at 5:33:06 pm

@Kalleheikki Kannisto! Thanks so much for your answer!

So here is the version I've manage to make:

So I tried what you said through Fractal noises, I have 3 layers there, 1st is more Rocky so it looks like smoke, the 2nd one is more like a glowing slightly moving, the 3rd one is the ones trying to replicate the wisps, all of the fractlas are being offset to move up.

I paid close attention to the original FX and it looks like they are particles because they fade in and fade out scaling to 0, but I have NO IDEA on how to do that, any directions?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jul 12, 2018 at 10:13:34 pm

If you have Particular you have full control over that kind of thing, but with just fractal noise you can try animating the contrast of the noise, this will give the effect of the "particles" scaling as each of the noise blobs gets smaller as it is crushed by the contrast.
The fractal whisps can be hard and that why programs like Particular and Form have come along. Combining what you had with Sabre might get you close - let Saber do the whispy stuff (you can turn off the core).
Don't forget to use multiple layers (sometimes it takes 5 or 6 copies) and screen them over top of each other. If they are all slightly different and moving at different rates you get them adding up at different times as they pass through each other which gives a great ethereal "sparkle".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]