ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem importing picture sequence into After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hunter
Problem importing picture sequence into After Effects
on Jul 11, 2018 at 4:07:51 am

Hoping someone has a quick fix. For years the process has been the same; import the pictures and make sure to check the picture sequence box while doing so. This takes me to a new window that allows me to make changes to the first picture in the sequence then brings me back to the main screen. However, now the window pops back up and wants me to make adjustments to the next picture in the sequence, and so on through the full picture set. Any idea why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Problem importing picture sequence into After Effects
on Jul 11, 2018 at 6:53:14 am

Are you sure you're selecting only the first picture in the sequence, not all of them?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jul 12, 2018 at 11:15:53 pm

I think as long as you select only a single file, you can select any file in the sequence, not just the first one, and as long as the picture sequence button is checked, those files will come in as an ordered stream - no further manipulating needed (except perhaps interpreting the time base to match your comp)
There are times that you need to force the order and times when AE will report missing frames if there is a gap in the frames numbers.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hunter
on Jul 12, 2018 at 11:29:58 pm

Problem seems to have fixed itself, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]