ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

SourceText basic question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
SourceText basic question
on Jul 7, 2018 at 9:41:49 pm

Hi,
In after effects, when we double click a text layer, it's text becomes editable. I just want to know how to double click a text layer to make it editable through script.

I would then like to send key strokes of CTRL+V. So I also want to know if it is possible through After Effects Script to send these key strokes just like we do in VBA using SendKeys command.

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
Re: SourceText basic question
on Jul 8, 2018 at 3:33:44 am

Imagine you have to work with 800+ layers in After Effects, then a script like like to handle these 2 operations through one shortcut key (as I know we can define a shortcut key for scripts also) will be a big time saver.

Return to posts index

Katryna Sleptzoff
on Jul 9, 2018 at 6:32:10 pm

If you have 800+ layers and you need to make editing the script easier, I would look into using the essentials graphics panel for the source text instead. All you need to do is drag the source text property into the panel and you can now change the text (and control+v anything) without even having to open the layer at all.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jul 10, 2018 at 1:43:08 am

Hi Katryna, Thank you so much for your response.
I never used this feature "Essential Graphics" before, so I watched a few tutorials but what I understand this feature is for making templates. If you don't mind can you send me tips showing various steps of getting it done? I could not relate it to my task of copying and pasting text in After Effects. And by the way final count of my similar video last time was 1344 layers.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 8, 2018 at 10:29:18 am

I can't think of a way to do what you describe through Ae's scripting.

Where does the clipboard data that you're pasting come from? Since we can set the value of a text layer's Source Text property directly, maybe there's another way we can suggest to accomplish your goal.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]