ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendered video looks worse than looking into composition preview After effects CC2017

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chang Lee
Rendered video looks worse than looking into composition preview After effects CC2017
on Jul 1, 2018 at 2:07:20 pm

I'm trying to find the best settings for the final result but im struggling with some problem.
The target person is wearing black jeans and i did some color grade and eliminated noise using Neat video
and in composition preview looks very sharp with every detail but after the rendering it doesn't look same as in composition preview..
in black part of the jean i have some color banding which in preview it didn't had any even at 100% view not fit to window..
im working with:
32 bits per channel
HDTV (Rec. 709)
Checked in Blend colors using 1.0 gamma
What im i doing wrong?
I tried 8 bit 16 bit 32 bit..and none worked and in 8 bit has less color banding than 16 or 32 bit
Any ideas would be very helpful..please help me

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rendered video looks worse than looking into composition preview After effects CC2017
on Jul 2, 2018 at 5:05:43 pm

Please describe how you are rendering, and maybe post some screenshots showing your UI, color settings, output settings, before and after images, etc.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Chang Lee
Re: Rendered video looks worse than looking into composition preview After effects CC2017
on Jul 3, 2018 at 8:22:06 am

Original video is 1920x1080 / 30fps/ 50mbps
Color settings are:
I'm using "Magic bullet looks" with
- Colorista: Raised a little bit of midtones
- Warm/Cool: -0.200 (a little bit of warm)
- Saturation 130%

-Added Neat video V4

-Added noise 1% (i read in this forum that adding a little bit of noise eliminates color banding)
checked in use color noise
checked in clippiing

The export settings are:
- HEVC codec (I heard that this is better than x264)
- Tier high
- VBR, 1 pass
- Render at maximum depth
- Quality(highest)
- Key frame distance 30
- Use maximum render quality
- Frame blending
- Target bitrate: 50bmps
- Maximum bitrate: 50mbps

I'm gonna post some Before and after but before you justify its nothing pervert, shes my girlfriend walking and i took the shot from behind that i filmed the shot where shes walking in the front and im holding her hand from behind while we were traveling in the city....just in case

Would be this enough info?
Uh and BTW the color banding looks worse when playing the video than just a screenshot
Please help!!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 2, 2018 at 9:03:51 pm

export to a png sequence first and then try rendering that out in MPG

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 2, 2018 at 10:29:13 pm

Also...this is a very Rare Occurrence but If you set the quality of your preview to FULL before you render. do you get different results

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]