Now, before I move forward with trying to randomize this manually, a couple of questions:
1. Is there a faster way to do this with the particle effect instead of me copy pasting these layers and randomizing the stats of each one to look more fluid?
2. Should I stick to expressions like this because I have yet to see a tutorial on stuff like this(I ask because I know next to nothing about expressions) specifically or manually create it with photoshop and create frame by frames or even flash?
3. Lastly, I want something even as simple as the orange looking one, but something I can add variety on easily and randomize when necessary and ultimately emphasize the gradient whether it be via the blocky or more refined look. The colors I can figure out though. Any tips would be a godsend!
1. So, I create a customized particle, with all the modifications that I want and THEN precomp?
2. Sorry, i'm fairly new at this but by particle engine you mean the particle effect in AE right?
3. Is it possible to add a gradient similar to the first one?