ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Set layer in and out point based on layer name

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Pendas
Set layer in and out point based on layer name
on Jun 14, 2018 at 3:43:41 am

I need to feed after effects with images, the name of the image is in this format: 1-00-04.jpg

The script must take all images in a project and build a composition using three rules:

1. The first number means the layer number.
2. The second set of numbers means the image position in the timeline. 00-04 means that image must start at 00 minutes 04 seconds.
3. Each layer ends where the next one begins.

Is this a difficult script to write ? Can someone guide me on how to approach this? I'm totally lost.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Set layer in and out point based on layer name
on Jun 14, 2018 at 10:55:42 am

I can suggest some resources for you to learn from, but I need to understand what you already know. What's your current proficiency level with JavaScript? Have you ever written a script for After Effects before?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Carlos Pendas
Re: Set layer in and out point based on layer name
on Jun 14, 2018 at 1:39:43 pm

Thanks Walter,

Unfortunately the answer is that I don't know much. I've botched a couple of scripts together from bits and pieces, but I could now write a script from scratch for the life of me.

If this script is complicated beyond that, I think the best thing to do would be to hire someone to build it.

On that regard, do you know where to find developers that specialize in AE scripting? I've searched freelancer websites, but once I choose After Effects as a filter or search word, I get only animators and no programmers at all.

Thanks,

Carlos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]