ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mask paths from Premiere Pro not transfering over to after effects using dynamic link.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
capricca bsgapollo
Mask paths from Premiere Pro not transfering over to after effects using dynamic link.
on Jun 13, 2018 at 5:23:00 pm

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to both programs (after effects and premiere pro) and I'm facing with the issue currently that all of my masks from premiere pro aren't transfering over to after effects, I would like to apply a glow around my characters face but whenever I dynamic link it to after effects a couple mask paths seem to be moving to another place or a clip just disspears for a split second, to give some more information I scaled it bigger first, cut the clips up, sped the footage up, and then I nested it all together and started masking on top of the nest, does that maybe have anything to do with it? any tips or help would be appreciated since I'm rather clueless at this point and have been trying to fix it for a couple hours, (replacing the masks in after affects didn't fully solve the problem since some of my footage was still dissapearing)

Adobe premiere footage where everything is fine >>> https://gfycat.com/DimBlackGelding

Adobe after effects after using dynamic link from premiere pro where mask paths are moving to different places >>> https://gfycat.com/OblongCrispGroundhog

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mask paths from Premiere Pro not transfering over to after effects using dynamic link.
on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:51:27 pm

Sorry, but you're assuming that Adobe software will work flawlessly, and as advertised.

Here's the harsh truth -- it doesn't.

Simply import the clip you want -- with NO masks or effects applied -- into AE. Do the work in AE. Export from AE. Import into PP. It's a no-fail workflow.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

capricca bsgapollo
Re: Mask paths from Premiere Pro not transfering over to after effects using dynamic link.
on Jun 14, 2018 at 3:57:10 pm

Yes that seems to be the case, I've asked the same question in other forums and they basicly said the same thing as you, I appreciate you giving me the correct information on this matter though, even if it's not fun to hear I have to start completely over at least I know where I stand so thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]