ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC ball action only 2 balls and higher resolution/big sized ball?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monica Windy Kosasih
CC ball action only 2 balls and higher resolution/big sized ball?
on Jun 11, 2018 at 4:51:17 am

So this is my first time using this effect (CC Ball Action). I need to animate 2 molecules/atoms, attach to each other, then separate. However, the balls size very small, I try to change the ball size and the grid spacing to make them bigger but it becomes have more than 2 balls, and if I increase the ball size too much the atoms looks like they almost combine into 1 atom. And the separate part, I need to play with the ball size because we cannot control each of the balls (I pre-compose them then play with the scale so it doesn't look like the atoms become smaller).

In the pre-compose I need to scale them quite much but it becomes pixelated, is there a way to make them bigger? Or any other way to this kind of animation in after effect? I apologize if my explanation a bit confusing, because I also a bit lost how to explain them properly.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: CC ball action only 2 balls and higher resolution/big sized ball?
on Jun 11, 2018 at 2:57:37 pm

You might consider using CC Sphere instead, but I'm having trouble picturing what you're trying to do.

You might also look at these tutorials for cell splitting:

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Monica Windy Kosasih
on Jun 11, 2018 at 3:11:11 pm

Thank you for your respond. Yeah it's around something like the first tutorial but it's supposed to looks like 3D. Is it possible to follow that tutorial but with CC sphere effect?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 11, 2018 at 3:37:01 pm

You can use bevel effects to make something look 3d.

If you want to do this in actual 3d, don't forget that Cinema 4D Lite comes with After Effects. It's a stripped down version of the full 3d software Cinema 4D. The "Lite" version includes metaballs which do this exact sort of thing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]