contract camera movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ali brakat
contract camera movement
on Jun 10, 2018 at 2:35:29 pm

Hi,
I have a shot with camera banning like this one
https://www.shutterstock.com/video//clip-5945381-virginia---october-2008-ep...
now if I track the camera in 3d and want to use that tracking info to contract the camera movement so instead of the null following the point it fixes that point by moving the clip

the purpose of this is to compose it in another clip so I want to get rid of the camera movement
any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: contract camera movement
on Jun 10, 2018 at 3:08:52 pm

Are you saying you want to get rid of the pan in a shot? You won't be left with much of a shot!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ali brakat
on Jun 10, 2018 at 4:11:48 pm

yes that's what I want to do
when I track the 3d space I want the point that's tracking the camera movement to be used to transform the clip to get rid of camera ban check this comp
https://ibb.co/dimGSo

I am blending the shot into the comp so when there is a camera ban it's visible if I can get rid of it perfectly it would be much better than keyframing the clip to get rid of the ban

in other words, I want the soldiers to be walking on a still background be reversing the camera motion,
What do you think?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 10, 2018 at 3:49:33 pm

You don't need to get rid of the camera movement to compose with another clip. You can track the camera motion and then make the composited layer(s) follow the tracking data.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

ali brakat
on Jun 10, 2018 at 4:14:43 pm

I don't want to track an element into the clip but I want to use the clip itself as an element in my comp
https://ibb.co/dimGSo
the movement of the background makes the blend visible and I can't key it properly to be completely visible without a rotoscope which what I am trying to avoid :)

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jun 11, 2018 at 1:43:54 pm

So you want to stabilize the shot of the soldiers and composite it onto the other shot? To stabilize a shot in After Effects, you can use the Stabilize Motion button in the Tracker. Or you can track a point using the Track Motion button (or points), apply the track to a null object, and parent your layer to that null.

However, in the panning shot you showed, there is only a small part that is in both the beginning frame and end frame. Taking out the motion would involve zooming in probably over 500%, which would make the shot unusable in many ways.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 11, 2018 at 3:58:38 pm

[ali brakat] "the movement of the background makes the blend visible and I can't key it properly to be completely visible without a rotoscope which what I am trying to avoid :)"

You don't need After Effects. You need a new shot -- one without a pan.
After Effects can not fix everything, and this is one thing it can't fix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]