ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Who can do this Effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon James
Who can do this Effect?
on Jun 9, 2018 at 7:26:26 pm

Hello, I am a Newbie, I really want some help on this. I have an Image and I want to animate it like popping up front outside and then image appearing from center to the sides. I mean first the center will appear then the sides. I think this is easy but since I am newbie trying to find my way out I don't know how to do it. I will be really glad if someone spent their precious time for me. Well I guess I am not informative but the link down below will lead you to the video containing the effect I exactly want.

Video of the Effect I am describing: https://vimeo.com/274063859

Thank you in Advance.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Who can do this Effect?
on Jun 9, 2018 at 11:42:06 pm

Opacity and scale for the item you want to reveal and some animated masking for the foreground.
The particle layer you will need to source since creating that from scratch is way far advanced.
You need to learn masking techniques as well.

Return to posts index

Brandon James
on Jun 10, 2018 at 7:28:32 am

The Particle Layer?

Return to posts index

Brandon James
on Jun 10, 2018 at 7:31:53 am

I understood how to do that, first the opacity is low and scale size is high and add keyframe and when the image is ready to hit with the screen the opacity gets high and scale get low and a small shockwave fire or dust in background just when the iamge hits the screen. But I do not know how to make the image appear from center first then the sides? Is there any specific plugins or method? Thank you for the reply brother!! Appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 10, 2018 at 2:59:57 pm

[Brandon James] " But I do not know how to make the image appear from center first then the sides"

That's where masking comes in.
You first animate a reveal mask with a soft (mostly vertical) rectangle mask and animate horizontally.
It seems to start with the image partially revealed (about a quarter in the center).
Once you are happy with that then do a transform scale/opacity motion.

The trick is all about the reveal.

Return to posts index

Brandon James
on Jun 10, 2018 at 4:33:00 pm

Wow Thank you so much, that thing never hit my mind. So much thanks for guiding, really thanks a lot. I have been searching hours and hours and you did it a single swish, Thank you brother!!!

Return to posts index

ali brakat
on Jun 10, 2018 at 4:45:10 pm

you can use a similar matte to do the reveal
https://www.videoblocks.com/video/squares-in-circle-transition-matte-6eahm1...

Return to posts index

Brandon James
on Jun 14, 2018 at 8:13:43 am

Well I found the Matte Video, , and I have tried both Alpha Matte and Luma Matte and the image sort of form but not exactly like the one in Video. After forming there is Yellow Glitch sort of Effect. Did they add CC Light Sweep in the Matte Video for that? Sorry for annoying.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 14, 2018 at 6:32:56 pm

If you make a copy of your reveal mask, offset its animation in time (so the reveal happens a little later) then stroke the edge of the mask (a fairly wide stroke) and use the stroke as the mask. Then pass a square fractal noise pattern in yellow through that stroked edge matte and screen it over the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]