ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

All shortcuts randomly stop responding?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
All shortcuts randomly stop responding?!
on Jun 9, 2018 at 4:44:47 am

Hello there, I am very frustrated right now, I am trying to finish up on a project I've been working on for ages, adding in the final SFX. However a problem I have been intermittently dealing with for quite some time now, is the shortcuts in after effects, (aka 0 on num pad to ram preview) will stop responding and not work. I dont know what triggers this to happen but the only fix is to completely quit AE and relaunch the program. However I have restarted the program twice now and the shortcuts will simply not respond at all!

I dont even know if this can be fixed but its very frustrating, really need help guys thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: All shortcuts randomly stop responding?!
on Jun 11, 2018 at 2:51:26 pm

This is very likely not an issue with After Effects, but more to do with other software that's running on your machine. I've seen people with odd issues like you're describing who are running password locker apps like LastPass.

What, exact, version number of AE are you running?

Also, what plugins and scripts have you installed?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:21:25 pm

Ok thanks for your response really appreciate it, I am running the latest version of after effects cc2018 and all the latest updates as I'm using creative cloud membership. I was advised by Adobe support to install more ram and I did, I purchased 16GB ram DDR4 from 8gb DDR4, soo it cant be a ram issue however i do not mind that i have done this anyway as I wanted to upgrade and it was the perfect excuse to do so ☺
I have got a lot of 3rd party plug ins installed and I am using s_shake, Looks, s_dissolve looks and I believe thats all the 3rd party plug ins i believe in this project, I also have motion blur on but turning it off doesn't seem to fix anything

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:34:18 pm

also note this issue occurs onoly on nthis prokect and no other projects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]