ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular - make particles follow emitter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Wölfl
Trapcode Particular - make particles follow emitter
on Jun 6, 2018 at 9:54:27 am

hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project with kind of 3D strokes (yes, clients will never get borded of 3D strokes).
I creakted the stokes by animating a potlight and created a custome particle in a precomp. The particle is basically a letter, that changes randomly over time.

That works everything like a charm. No I have the problem, that after emitting the particles they seem too static, so I wanted to create the sensation of the particles/letters following the emitter along the motion path.

Do you have any suggestions how that could be achieved?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Trapcode Particular - make particles follow emitter
on Jun 6, 2018 at 10:08:21 am

You can make them start out in the same direction as the emitter is moving by adjusting the "velocity from motion" setting, but you can't make it follow the emitter path.

You can make the particles follow a motion path (an animated light), but it will start from the spawn moment of the particle, so it will not work exactly the way you're describing.

If the motion path you want them to follow is relatively simple, you may be able to achieve an effect that resembles what you describe by emitting close to a straight line and then using various distort effects to make it appear that it is not traveling in a straight line. Not particularly flexible. Pun intended.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]