ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Restoring perpective to ab object short from below left?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christophe Cuny
Restoring perpective to ab object short from below left?
on Jun 2, 2018 at 7:27:11 pm

Hello CC,

I hope I m asking the right question: this is the kind of thing I normally do in Photoshop.

I shot a set of traffic lights. The lights are in the middle of the footage, spanning almost the entire height, with enough margin to alter (I intend to mask out everything else from the footage). I shot he lights from below, not too much, and unbeknownst to me (watching only the live view on the DSLR), from a slight angle. I am trying to work out how best to alter the perspective issue on the height and how to pull in the shot from the right to make up having shot it at an angle. Othersise, the shot is stationary and does not need stabilisation.

I think I can always do it in Photoshop, which I understand a lot more better,but I'm sure it would be a lot more efficient doing it in AE. I have looked at some tuts on perspective, but nothing that tells me how to get started with his particular issue.

I would really appreciate some pointers as to what techniques you would use to do the above. If you know of any tutorial that would deal with this subject, I'll take that also, please.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards

Christophe

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Restoring perpective to ab object short from below left?
on Jun 3, 2018 at 9:00:34 am

Corner Pin or CC Power Pin will do the job. They work like perspective transform in Photoshop.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Christophe Cuny
Re: Restoring perpective to ab object short from below left?
on Jun 3, 2018 at 9:35:16 am

Hello Kalleheikki ,

Thank you very much. My bad, I had read about corner pin, but I didn't realise it could be used that way. I'll give that a try.

Best regards

Christophe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]