ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ram preview looping repeatedly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven berkani
Ram preview looping repeatedly
on Jun 2, 2018 at 6:42:03 pm

When I attempt to RAM preview my AE comp, my time indicator loops repeatedly. This problem occurs when audio is attached to video or if I’m working in a 4K comp. I’m not sure what to do. I’ve tried resetting the program. Restarting my computer doesn’t help either. I am using a MacBook Pro with 16GB's of RAM. I have 214GB's left on my local hard drive. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Ram preview looping repeatedly
on Jun 5, 2018 at 6:28:16 am

You didn't mention which ram preview you are doing - the spacebar one or the zero key one.

Check the preview pallet that the loop button is on or off (your choice) and you might try hitting the reset button (shown in jpg) as this will write a new prefs file.
If you are using the new AE2018, try purging all your caches as this seems to fix many weird new "features".

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 6, 2018 at 2:20:17 pm

Did Steve's suggestion help? If not, could you explain in more detail what the problem is?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

steven berkani
on Jun 9, 2018 at 5:33:18 pm

Unfortunately, this did not help. When I play my comp, it only renders for about 3 seconds. I then move the time indicator past the rendered section. When I press play, the green rendered bar disappears. It then renders three seconds of video from another portion of the composition.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 11, 2018 at 2:43:08 pm

Oh! That's just because you don't have a lot of RAM in your system.

If you want to see a longer preview, lower the resolution of your comp to half, or lower. Generally speaking, you shouldn't need to preview your whole comp at full res. Get the look and feel in a few small areas at full-res, but use lower resolutions while you're working on the animation, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]