ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Beginner AE -question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Beginner AE -question
on Apr 14, 2018 at 1:51:21 pm

I am still on CS 6... Is it possible to bring a small clip project from AE back to PP CS 6 without rendering it to avi or mpeg 4? That I can do, I would like to know if possible bring in without rendering. [I am trying not to degrade anymore than absolutely necessary] Most tutorials I find are for CC...can't justify financially to move up to a monthly fee, most of my work is volunteer with new filmmakers. Best Sz

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Beginner AE -question
on Apr 14, 2018 at 3:10:18 pm

I'm not a PP guy so I'm not sure. but you could render out with an uncompressed or lossless format. AVI uncompressed (big), Quicktime Animation Best (can be crazy small - it's run length encoded, so things with lots of the same colors are packed up more efficiently - totally uncompressed), a series of PNG or TIFF or Targas, or a series of EXR or Cineon files.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Apr 14, 2018 at 3:25:04 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm not a AE person, for what I have to do is pretty simple. I appreciate the tips, clips are not very long, so I will take your recommendations and go for it.
Again, appreciate the impute.
Have a great weekend
Sz

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Apr 14, 2018 at 5:47:37 pm

Hey Suzin,
In essence, what you're wanting to do is use the Adobe Dynamic Link feature. There should be youtube videos available so try searching on that if you need more info, but this the simplest way I've found.

Let's assume your AE comp is at the final stage & ready to render; you don't even have to have AE open at this point. In Premiere Pro, you can have a blank project or the one you wish to bring the AE project into. Under the File Menu, select Adobe Dynamic Link, then Import After Effects Composition ... Navigate to where your .aep project lives & select it. It might take a bit of time for the Dynamic Link Server to do it's thing, but eventually you'll be presented with a list on the right side of the window of the valid comps in the project. As such, I'd remove any superfluous comps first as that just adds time to process the list.

Select your comp & it'll add that to the Project list & insert at the timelime marker. From there, you shouold be good to go as you would in PPro.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Apr 14, 2018 at 6:22:52 pm

I have used dynamic link for Encore. AE is very new to me. I will check out tutorials for further information.
Because there is no one, within any distance to call on if I get in trouble. My concern would be getting back PP CS 6 with out messing up the timeline or opening by accident a new project. I have learned when you know how to do something its easy, when not it can be very confusing. I appreciate you taking the time to point out a another way. High learning curve. Best Sz

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Apr 14, 2018 at 8:23:14 pm

I'd say just give it a try on a simple practice comp & project. Once you've gone through the process I doubt you'll have much to worry about. You can't change anything in the AE comp directly in Premiere; it would take you back to AE to make any changes that then get reflected as to what PPro would render. Hence the term Dynamic Link.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Apr 14, 2018 at 9:23:31 pm

Good advice, my thoughts...thanks Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]