ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Twixtor for frame blending?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
Twixtor for frame blending?
on Feb 12, 2018 at 11:45:00 pm

This guy will not say anything more than 'i use time remap for syncing (twixtor is for frame blending)'
Now if you watch this, the way he syncs looks so uique but he wont say anymore than that and I really want a better insight how to achieve this kind of syncing, its simply beautiful. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated but it may be something that he invented and only he knows, but at least answer this if you can.
How does one use twixtor for frame blending alongside syncing with time remap?
Thanks COW members
Jasford

link to vid:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Twixtor for frame blending?
on Feb 12, 2018 at 11:56:07 pm

[Jasford Muldoon] "This guy will not say anything more than 'i use time remap for syncing (twixtor is for frame blending)'"

Yeah, well, he said enough -- if he thinks Twixtor is for frame blending, I'm Omarosa.
Twixtor's frame rate conversion software, and it costs 500 Bucks!

And what the heck is syncing, anyway? All I see is game video that's been sped up & cut.
No deep dark secret there -- just lots of practice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:12:30 am

Dave, Twixtor is frame interpolation software, which is not quite the same thing. You can use it to do framerate converts, but it's most useful for creating better-quality interpolation (using extensive masking) for extreme framerate conversion operations.

Twixtor is, in fact, useful as a frame-blending tool, but I suspect the guy who edited this piece is using Twixtor in place of After Effects' built-in Optical Flow frame interpolation. Optical Flow would do the same thing as this at no extra cost, though possibly with marginally less control over the results.

As for syncing, OP obviously means the way that the editor timed the sped-up transition to sync with the music, which is simple when you know how to use AE's Time Remapping tool correctly. However, there's no automatic tool to do this--it's a matter of manually editing the clip to sync with the beat. Twixtor/Optical Flow would then create the morph-y looking transitions between fast-motion and real time.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:18:30 am

Very beautfiully described Blaise my friend, that is what I am wondering how to achieve, that 'morph-y looking transitions between fast-motion and real time' I am unsure how to use frame blending as it is an area of AE I am yet to delve into. Also I do pay for my After effects and photoshop subscriptions but I am far too young too be able too afford buying plug ins and things such as twixtor so I just get them for free ☺
I have used time remap alot and am very familiar with that but I feel the way hes used twixtor in this edit really adds alot to it, if you can show me any videos that might help me learn this Blaise Id really appreciate it my friend thank you ☺
Jasford

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:12:36 am

syncing as in the gunshots in the clip are synced to the beats of the song, I have twixtor aswell I just wasnt sure how he frame blended with it and then synced the actual clips with time remap,

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 13, 2018 at 1:00:01 am

Look up "After Effects Time Remapping" and you'll find plenty of stuff. Try to find tutorials by obvious pros, not twelve-year-old YouTubers ☺ As for the morphing effect, After Effects' built-in Optical Flow will work fine; here's what it does and how to use it: https://theblog.adobe.com/optical-flow-time-remapping-tips-tricks-for-best-...

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Feb 13, 2018 at 1:11:49 am

Exceellent, I am pretty good with time remapping and yes Ive seen many tutorials from 12 year olds too hahahaha, I will make sure to start studyting the use of optical flow aswell thank you my friend ☺
Jasford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]