ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to render without audio compression?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Carr
How to render without audio compression?
on Jan 4, 2018 at 3:45:10 pm

I made a lyric video in Adobe After Effwcts. I will be finishing in Premiere Pro however I want to render with the audio to ensure the video I created is properly linked to the audio. I've tried quick time and Avi and both end up compressing the audio to -18 DB. I've spent a lot of time and money on the audio track and want the fully mastered version (0db) after the render. How is this achieved?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Carr
Re: How to render without audio compression?
on Jan 4, 2018 at 3:53:17 pm

For further explanation, the audio is 96k 24b and I'm using cs5.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 4, 2018 at 3:59:05 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 4, 2018 at 6:51:57 pm

Screw rendering the audio in AE. Simply use it as a reference if you need it.
Just render out the video, then use PP to sync audio to video. It's simple.

AE basically sucks at audio. You shouldn't rely on it for much -- ESPECIALLY if you're using version 15.0, aka AE CC 2018. That dog's just loaded with bugs & issues. It's still the initial release, which you should never count on working as advertised. If you really have to have to have it, use it ONLY for features you need but otherwise stick with AE CC 2017.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeremy Carr
on Jan 6, 2018 at 11:43:08 pm

I appreciate your response and your advice. I rendered the lyric animation with the audio to use as a reference. I linked this with the master audio track in PP and it worked well. Soundbooth was useful for increasing the waveform loudness to compare waveforms. I trimmed .033 off the original audio file and it lined up perfectly to my render. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]