ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects 3D camera orbit issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alyssa Voelker
After effects 3D camera orbit issues
on Sep 13, 2017 at 7:52:27 pm

Hello,

New to the forum here (long time lurker, first time poster.)

I have been working in 3d (mainly using element 3d v2) in After Effects CC and have never had any problems. Yesterday I did a 3D camera track on some footage, and now today anytime i create a camera in any project file something is off...

I am not 100% how to describe what is happening but when i add a simple 3d object to a composition, then add a new camera using any preset, when i change to the orbit tool and try to spin the object instead of how it normally spins around it in place, it is flying all around the screen. Im not sure what changed but its been very frustrating, and I am having a hard time searching for a method to get back to normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: After effects 3D camera orbit issues
on Sep 13, 2017 at 8:29:32 pm

ctrl + alt + O, while the camera is selected. You probably removed the auto orientation. Now instead of it orbiting by its anchor, It is rotating around itself.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Alyssa Voelker
Re: After effects 3D camera orbit issues
on Sep 14, 2017 at 1:12:32 pm

Thanks so much! I was temporarily able to fix it by just resetting every new camera I made down in its options but its good to know exactly what was going on. I appreciate the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]